Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Room Kit Plus to use with both Webex & H323

DamithJ
Level 1
Level 1

HI ,

I'm testing out Cisco room kit plus for our organization but , when it comes to spark account types getting little frustrating to select. Here are the scenarios which i required to cover with the device 

1. Should be able to use WebEx Teams app to schedule meetings and connect.

2.Should be able to dial H323 calls ( Gotomeeting inroom link, etc. )

3.Should be able to dial out SIP calls.

currently I'm testing out with a test account provided by our vendor (Spark account ) here are the issues I'm facing

1.When i register the device with activation code I'm able to use it with the WebEx teams app & H323 options in device configuration not available

2.If i use the device without registering with the spark account h323 options are available and make calls but unable to pair with webex services and schedule calls.

Thank you

Damith Jayasasnka

1 Reply 1

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1) Teams app is a sip client so it can't dial H323. You can use video endpoints from Cisco or soft clients like Jabber talking to CCM for that

2) Room kit registered to Teams cloud service can only do SIP so thats why you are seeing that behavior. 

Cisco uses Webex as that bridging service to mix H323/SIP in the bridge so your other party that does H323 can join the Webex bridge

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: