cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CIsco Spark Room Kit`

miket
Level 5
Level 5

I am installing two room kits. I do not have Service Activation codes. DO I need them. I am running CUCM 11.5.14900 and lastest CE code. it will register to CUCM I thought I seen an note stating you dont need the service activation code depending on how the room will be used.

I am new to this so forgive me if this is a common answer

7 Replies 7

miket
Level 5
Level 5

Sorry , I am understanding you only need the Service activation for  Spark CLoud services.

So long as you are registering to CUCM you do not need the code we have deployed a few and all you do is click a button when it asks for cloud services information to automatically find on-prem CUCM or to manually enter the CUCM information. Don't forget a TP license for the kits on your PLM.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As the others have said, you do not need to enter an activation code on the unit, that is only required when registering the endpoint to the Cisco Webex Cloud.

On your endpoint when the startup wizard runs, there should be an option you can select to allow you o register it locally to your CUCM (or even skip the setup wizard altogether).

You can then register it to CUCM as you would with any other TelePresence device.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

tanios191
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Mike,

I have the same case Cisco CUCM 11.5 but when I try to add the spark room kit it is not showing in the dropdown list I tried installing the new device pack 11.5.1.17112 but it is still same please let me know which device pack do I need to install?

thanks in advance

Tanios

After adding the device pack, did you do the following steps which are required:

1) Restart the Cisco Tomcat service on all nodes
2) Restart Cisco TFTP on all servers, where this service is running
3) Restart Cisco CallManager on the Publisher. If you’re not running the Cisco CallManager service on the Publisher, you can skip this step.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hello Wayne,

yes unfortunately it didn't work
I just registered the spark room kit as webex room kit because in CUCM version 11.5 there is no such thing as room kit or room kit plus

Thank you,

The "Spark" branding was an old thing when the units were first released, they've been called "Webex" for quite a few years now.

Wayne

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: