Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SX20 - cannot set SIP Login and Password

Tibor Marchyn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a problem that I can't setup login and password on SIP Profile 1 config page. Each time I set it up and refresh page, login and password is missing and diagnostics show me error "401 Unathorized" when registering to SIP Proxy (VCS).

Software version 6.3.

Any idea how to setup it without factory reset?

EDIT: I have found that if I disable SIP protocol, set username and password, it is there. But immediately after I enable SIP back, username and password is missing.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chad Patterson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Tibor,

This is due to CSCuj48259. If you go into your sytem and set your provisioning mode to Off, it will resolve the issue.

This defect has not yet been resolved, however it is being addressed in a  future software release. I

f you are running TC 6.2 or higher you will  have this issue if you have your provisioning mode set to auto and the  auto discovery of a provisioning back end succeeds but supplys a blank  username and password to your system. Also, if it is set to auto and  DHCP option 150 is configured on that network, it will attempt to  provision with CUCM which would clear these fields.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Most probably same issue as mentioned in this thread:
https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2240415?tstart=0

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It sounds you are using the webinterface, does it happen as well when you use ssh and xconfig to set it?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Chad Patterson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Tibor,

This is due to CSCuj48259. If you go into your sytem and set your provisioning mode to Off, it will resolve the issue.

This defect has not yet been resolved, however it is being addressed in a  future software release. I

f you are running TC 6.2 or higher you will  have this issue if you have your provisioning mode set to auto and the  auto discovery of a provisioning back end succeeds but supplys a blank  username and password to your system. Also, if it is set to auto and  DHCP option 150 is configured on that network, it will attempt to  provision with CUCM which would clear these fields.

Chad: the bug is not public visible, could you follow up that this is going to be set to public?

Would setting the username and password in TMS for example fix that issue?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hey Martin,

That is correct. If you were to supply the credentials using a TMS provisioning template, then that could also resolve the issue. I will work to have the bug publicly viewable!

thanks, disable provisioning resolved issue. thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: