Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Cisco Sx20 Multisite question

Hi,

I have three sites and each of them has standalone sx20 devices. No one has multisite license so only 1-1 conferences can happen. What If I buy a multisite license for one of these devices so a mesh conference can be done? I mean three location can make a videoconference at the same time and each of them can see each other?

Thanks.

Everyone's tags (1)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Rising star

Re: Cisco Sx20 Multisite question

You can add the MS license to one of them and have a three way conference, no problem. And yes, each one would be able to see both of the others. To be clear though - this would not be a "mesh" connection, if codec A has the MS option, codecs B and C will not be directly connected to each other, they will be both connected to codec A. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
VIP Advisor

Unless you have some other sort of conference bridge connected to your CUCM, then, yes, you will still need the Multisite licence.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Rising star

You can add the MS license to one of them and have a three way conference, no problem. And yes, each one would be able to see both of the others. To be clear though - this would not be a "mesh" connection, if codec A has the MS option, codecs B and C will not be directly connected to each other, they will be both connected to codec A. 

Highlighted
Beginner

What if these devices are registered to the call manager, do we still need multisite license?
Thanks.
Highlighted
VIP Advisor

Unless you have some other sort of conference bridge connected to your CUCM, then, yes, you will still need the Multisite licence.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

CreatePlease to create content