Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Sx20 Multisite question

blackswans
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have three sites and each of them has standalone sx20 devices. No one has multisite license so only 1-1 conferences can happen. What If I buy a multisite license for one of these devices so a mesh conference can be done? I mean three location can make a videoconference at the same time and each of them can see each other?

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

You can add the MS license to one of them and have a three way conference, no problem. And yes, each one would be able to see both of the others. To be clear though - this would not be a "mesh" connection, if codec A has the MS option, codecs B and C will not be directly connected to each other, they will be both connected to codec A. 

View solution in original post

Unless you have some other sort of conference bridge connected to your CUCM, then, yes, you will still need the Multisite licence.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

You can add the MS license to one of them and have a three way conference, no problem. And yes, each one would be able to see both of the others. To be clear though - this would not be a "mesh" connection, if codec A has the MS option, codecs B and C will not be directly connected to each other, they will be both connected to codec A. 

What if these devices are registered to the call manager, do we still need multisite license?
Thanks.

Unless you have some other sort of conference bridge connected to your CUCM, then, yes, you will still need the Multisite licence.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: