Chris Tsai
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I'm currently experiencing a situation
SX20 at boot time, power button LED will turn red
check user manual say this is Camera serial mode
But SX20 can't normal boot
How can I do to relieve camera serial mode?

http://imageshack.com/a/img910/1033/lWd2cF.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img537/4856/byAnpT.jpg

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try shutting down the SX20 using the power button, disconnect/reconnect the power cable, and then turn the SX20 back on.  Take a look at the troubleshooting-ex-series-mx-series-sx-and-c-series-codecs document on pg 33.

View solution in original post

Hello All,

One of my technical engineer saw the same problem today at the customer site. When I checked this case from here I think the problem is because of the HDMI interface.

At our case we were using a HDMI-VGA converter between SX20 Codec HDMI Monitor 1 output and Project device,  because Projector has only VGA input.

Our technical engineer  made  a mistake and he used wrong HDMI converter with HDMI output. Therefore the converter works like a HDMI camera and give HDMI input signal to our SX20 Monitor 1 output. Therefore the SX20 codec give a warning message with red light.

When we disconnect the converter and power on again the system, the power button comes with white light again.

I hope this information will be helpful for the same issues.

Best Regards...

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try shutting down the SX20 using the power button, disconnect/reconnect the power cable, and then turn the SX20 back on.  Take a look at the troubleshooting-ex-series-mx-series-sx-and-c-series-codecs document on pg 33.

Hi,Patrick

I try to turn off the SX20, when the power button when the red light,but it can't turn off

I only can do to unplug the power cord to reconnect,but power button still red light

and SX20 can't normal boot

By the way,I try to factory reset on the web/upgrade and downgrade SW,to reboot stage, the power button is still red light...

Please give me for solutions to save me
thank you

Might want to open a TAC case then, if you've gone through a factory reset and the issue is still there, not sure what else you can try.  If you do open a case, and find out a solution, let us know.

Oh my God....

ok,i will go to open a TAC case and hope TAC can give some solution....

thanks for your Reply

The red light indicator may also indicate a hardware issue (bricked unit). The unit most likely have to be replaced.

/Magnus

Chris Tsai
Level 1
Level 1

Find the problem !
TV's HDMI it have other function cause SX20 boot failed (ex.ARC),HDMI itself will have a current output
When Codec connection,Codec will be failed like camera serial mode
This time I used the TV,that are not marked other function 
However,  usermanual instructions have...

Everybody please note that

Hello Chris -

Just trying to understand your comment.  So, you're saying that the issue was because you didn't have the HDMI output connected to a TV?

Hello All,

One of my technical engineer saw the same problem today at the customer site. When I checked this case from here I think the problem is because of the HDMI interface.

At our case we were using a HDMI-VGA converter between SX20 Codec HDMI Monitor 1 output and Project device,  because Projector has only VGA input.

Our technical engineer  made  a mistake and he used wrong HDMI converter with HDMI output. Therefore the converter works like a HDMI camera and give HDMI input signal to our SX20 Monitor 1 output. Therefore the SX20 codec give a warning message with red light.

When we disconnect the converter and power on again the system, the power button comes with white light again.

I hope this information will be helpful for the same issues.

Best Regards...

Yesterday,I also encountered the same situation again,but this time is users themselves will SX20 HDMI output1 connected to the panasonic LCD monitor HDMI1 (There ARC function) caused SX20 power button comes with red light and can not normal boot,change to HDMI2(without any function)problem is solved

Hello there

I know this post is old, but i wanted to tell you that we had the red light issue recently (that how I got to this post) and the problem lied on a USB interface that a provider was using for drawing power (yes, weird).

During boot sequence codec got bricked over and over (red light) until we disconnected the usb and rebooted.

Hope this is for help for others in the future.