Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Sx20 Questions

blackswans
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have two Sx20 conference devices working in standalone mode. When I tried to register this device with our call manager version 9.1.2 I've get some error messages.

ERROR: SIP Profile Registration

SIP registration failed: 405 Method Not Allowed. Verify SIP configuration and connectivity to SIP proxy.

Q1. How can I solve this problem?
Q2. When this sx20 registers to the ccm, can I call the standalone sx20 from ip? 
Q3. Can this sx20 make outside calls for making teleconference calls while registered to cucm?
Q4. Can the other phones whith cams join the conference with sx20? 

Thanks.Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 10.26.46.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-27 at 10.26.18.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-27 at 10.26.09.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-27 at 10.25.57.png
1 Reply 1

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Since this was once used as a standalone endpoint, recommend you factory reset it to start with a clean configuration, also take a look at Administering TelePresence Endpoints on CUCM to make sure everything in CUCM and the SX20 is configured correct.

CUCM is SIP only and cannot dial IPs, you'll need to use a VCS/Expressway to be able to dial standalone H323 endpoints, see Dial IP Addresses from Endpoints Registered to CUCM with VCS/Expressway Configuration Example.

The SX20 can make B2B calls using an Expressway-C/E, see Expressway Basic Configuration Deployment Guide (X8.10) and Expressway and CUCM via SIP Trunk Deployment Guide (CUCM 8,9,10,11 and X8.8).

You'll need a conference bridge such as Cisco Meeting Server if you want to host multipoint conferences.  It might be possible (but depends on the devices used) to host a multipoint conference on the SX20 as long as it has the Multisite OPtion Key installed, but that only supports up to 3 endpoints + the SX20 as the host.