Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SX20 Remote Control

Bahlul Guliyev
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I've Cisco SX20. With remote control I can only control the camera to all the directions: I can turn camera to right-left-up-down.

But from remote control I can't enter to the Codec menu. Nothings works with remote control, except camera controlling.

If it is remote control issue, how can I pair a new remote control with Cisco SX20 codec?

Best Regards

Bahlul

9 Replies 9

Do you mean there is no menu displaying on the screen when you try to access the menu using the remote? Or there is a menu but you can't control/toggle them?

If there is no menu on the screen, the possible cause is the Video OSD Mode was disabled. Can you login on the system's web interface to check it under Video Settings. Make sure Video OSD Mode was set to ON.

regards,

Acevirgil

Dear Acevirgil,

I can see menu option on the screen but I can't control it.

Best Regards

Bahlul

Try to reboot the codec. For the last resort, you can also do factory reset.

Refer to page 139 on how to do factory reset. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/quick-set-sx20/tc7/administration-guide/sx20-quickset-administrator-guide-tc73.pdf

regards,

Acevirgil

How can login through web interface ,

while i don't know the default IP address of device.

You piggy backed this question off a 2 1/2 year old thread (generally not a good idea). 

That said, if you look at system information either from the touch screen or via the remote, you can find out what your IP address is. There is no "default IP address", all Cisco codecs are set to DHCP by default. If you don't have any control capability whomever maintains the servers that provide DHCP services should be able to look up what IP address it has given your system. 

Teck Chye Tang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I believe your camera is not being detected by the Codec.  Look at the camera status, do you see any camera detected?   You should see :

xstat //camera

*s Camera 1 Capabilities Options: "ptzf"

*s Camera 1 Connected: True

If the camera is not detected, then you only have direct control of the camera, thats why you can pan/tilt, but you are not able to control the OSD, cause the camera is not communicating with the codec.

If it is above, it could be :

a) either the camera control port has an issue, or

b) the codec control port has an issue, or

c) the camera cable (control part) has an issue

So if you have spare codec, spare cable, or spare camera, do some swapping and determine which cause the failure.

The TRC remotes are interchangeable and can be used with any codec without any pairing.

As Teck has mentioned, your camera might not be detected as the IR commands from the remote are sent to the codec through the camera's IR sensor.  Swap the camera control cable and camera from the issue SX20 with a known working cable and camera.  If the issue follows the camera control cable or camera from the issue SX20, it's either the cable or camera, however if the issue stays at the SX20 then it's the codec, in either case one of those items might need to be replaced.  As a last resort, as Acevirgil suggested you can try a factory reset which sometimes resolves these issues, but not all the time.  If even after a factory reset and the issue still occurs, suggest you contact TAC and request an RMA of the specific hardware you determined is the cause, ie: codec, camera, or camera control cable.

Dear Teck,

I've connected another camera to this codec, everything worked properly. The problem was in camera. Thanks a lot for your response.

Best Regards

Bahlul

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Make sure you have the camera connected with the correct cable which includes the Camera Control cable as well as the HDMI.  If you've just connected the HDMI, you'll get the picture but not the IR control of the SX20 (which is done over the camera control cable).

If you want to confirm that your remote is working, point it directly at the power button on the SX20 instead of the camera.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.