Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO SX80 - CAMERA PrecisionHD 1080p 12X

ivansalazar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to know if the Camera Precision HD 1080p 12x is compatible with the Codec SX80.

Thanks,

Ivan

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

According to the install sheet, only a PrecisionHD 1080p 4xS2 is listed, not the 12x.  However, that doesn't mean it might not work since both cameras are similar.

View solution in original post

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SX80 does not support the Cisco TelePresence Precision HD 1080p 12x.

It supports

Precision 60

Cisco TelePresence Precision HD 1080p 4x S2

SpeakerTrack (with two Precision 60´s)

/Magnus

Vernon Depee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For anyone still asking this question, the previous answer is no longer accurate. TC7.3.2 added support for 12x cameras on the SX80.

17 Replies 17

Chris Swinney
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Ivan, I believe so, but have you got he model numbers to be sure?

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,

These are the models:

- CTS-SX80-K9

- CTS-PHD1080P12XS2=

Regards,

Ivan

According to the install sheet, only a PrecisionHD 1080p 4xS2 is listed, not the 12x.  However, that doesn't mean it might not work since both cameras are similar.

I'll go with Patrick on this one. I think it should work, the SX20 data sheet shows that the TTC8-02 (x12) camera works with it, however I never quite get the Cisco Part Number/Model codes. The Cisco TelePresence PrecisionHD Cameras doesn't show the 'CTS-PHD1080P12XS2=' even listed.

Cisco TelePresence Precision HD 1080p 12x is supported with SX20, not with SX80.

/Magnus

I agree - it may well work - but it isn't a Cisco "supported" solution.

You can connect any HDMI camera to the HDMI port, cisco branded or not, the camera control is another issue, but if the camera is visca compliant, you can usually control that too via the serial port / daisy chain with other cameras - see this thread for some info on that: cisco-sx80-using-sony-srg-300hw-cameras.

Note: connecting the 1080p12x in this way it will not get any camera firmware updates from the SX80 - you will need to update them via other means if required.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SX80 does not support the Cisco TelePresence Precision HD 1080p 12x.

It supports

Precision 60

Cisco TelePresence Precision HD 1080p 4x S2

SpeakerTrack (with two Precision 60´s)

/Magnus

Apologies for potentially leading you down the wrong path. It always confuses the hell out of me with regard to what Cisco equipment is supported by what other Cisco equipment from essentially the same family. It always good for Cisco, as you always need to buy more stuff, but not always good for us. Still, that's a different discussion......

ivansalazar
Level 1
Level 1

Now that I'm sure that SX20 and Precision HD 12X cam is not supported, and thanks everyone for the comments. What would be a recommendation for an escenario where a C40 and a Camera 12X fit, but i can't offer C40 beacuse it's and EoS product.

Regards,

Ivan

Vernon Depee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For anyone still asking this question, the previous answer is no longer accurate. TC7.3.2 added support for 12x cameras on the SX80.

The only place it's even mentioned is the camera firmware section of the release notes, but most won't look there because there is no statement of this being a new supported feature with the 12x cameras, so why look for a camera firmware that you know to believe isn't supported.  I would have never thought to look there, and haven't until just now.

Would be good to note it in the SX80 guides as well for those of us that look there for what the codec's are capable of supporting or able to do.

If anyone is curious, it's in the camera firmware section of the TC7 Release Notes, starting on the bottom of pg 9.

Patrick,

I've filed a documentation defect to make supported releases for 12x cameras on the SX80 very clear in the documentation. If something is not clear to our customers, we must resolve that issue and I think the number of posts on this thread has made it very clear that 12x support on the SX80 is unclear.

The release notes will be updated and information regarding this will be included in the next revision. The 12X camera will work fine with the SX80 but it will not be able to upgrade the camera software, this is the catch. To upgrade the camera it needs to be connected to i.e. a C-series codec.

/Magnus

Mangus -

Is it possible to upgrade the 12x cameras that are being used with the SX80 by connecting to them via DHCP and uploading the firmware that way?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: