Replies

Cisco SX80 Capabilities

asherif82
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have some questions regarding SX80 codec :

1-Does the SX80 supports annotation?

2-If it does not and Samsung DM75D smart screen is linked to it, will the SX80 be able to pass the annotation generated on the screen to the other end?

3-Without Multisite License can the codec hosts video conference or not?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The SX80 does not support annotation. 

The Samsung DM75D specs show it has a video out that appears to be a loop of it's input or what's being displayed on screen (not too sure of what the loop is of however). So it could be possible to send the annotation from the display into the SX80. If it is a loop of what's being displayed on screen, I'd becareful to not accidently send the SX80 output back to itself through the DM75D, that is if you use it as a video conference output. 

Without mulitsite, you can have point-to-point calls with one other person, if you want more, you'd have to either have multisite on the SX80 or host the conference on an external MCU or TelePresence Server. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The SX80 does not support annotation. 

The Samsung DM75D specs show it has a video out that appears to be a loop of it's input or what's being displayed on screen (not too sure of what the loop is of however). So it could be possible to send the annotation from the display into the SX80. If it is a loop of what's being displayed on screen, I'd becareful to not accidently send the SX80 output back to itself through the DM75D, that is if you use it as a video conference output. 

Without mulitsite, you can have point-to-point calls with one other person, if you want more, you'd have to either have multisite on the SX80 or host the conference on an external MCU or TelePresence Server. 

Thanks Patrick that was helpful. :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: