cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SX80 Codec Integration with CUCM 11.5.1 and VCS 8.10 and WebEX CMR

adusepeney79
Level 1
Level 1

We have been provided a document that list he bandwidth utilization for CMR configuration for SX80 which are both registered with CUCM and CVS Control. The VCS Express is controlled by a different management and would like to know the badnwidth utilization before allowing us to configure CMR for our conference rooms equipped with SX80 software version ce 9.3.0 7394032fb9c 2018-03-23.

We have seen bandwidths ranging from 1Mbps to 10Mbps in the document. We also see that we might be able to pull it off with just about as a minimum as 1Mbps.

What is the the recommended rate that the video would suffer and wouldnt be so obvious to the end users? My Firewall engineers are asking if 500-700K would suffice but it seems a bit on the edge to me and not sure how bad the quality would be.

SX80 version ce 9.3.0 7394032fb9c 2018-03-23  registered to  CUCM version 11.5.1 (This might go away due to license)

SX80 version ce 9.3.0 7394032fb9c 2018-03-23 registered to VCS Control version x8.10

VCS-C talks to VCS-E in a DMZ controlled by another group in a different site and is used by many other components.

We are being considerate to other video and audio sessions hosted daily by other components.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Wilson
Level 5
Level 5
I personally would not go below 1.5M per call. I have done some calls at 1.1M (1152kbps), but its not great, especially with content channel being used.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Wilson
Level 5
Level 5
I personally would not go below 1.5M per call. I have done some calls at 1.1M (1152kbps), but its not great, especially with content channel being used.

Thank you Aaron.

In my subjective experience, 2Mbps is probably the sweet spot for bandwidth/performance trade off. Higher is always better, but I'd avoid going lower if possible.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: