cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SX80 codec over heating problem.urgent help required.

Cisco SX80 codec is overheating.running device temp is 82C to 88C.diagnostic is showing all fans are running but the device is too hot. I can provide logs if required.
How can we resolve that issue?
Should we go for RMA?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

If the problem is not environmental (the closet is too hot), then yes, RMA. One or more of the fans has likely failed. If your problem is with your environment replacing the unit won't help, the new one will have the same problem. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

If the problem is not environmental (the closet is too hot), then yes, RMA. One or more of the fans has likely failed. If your problem is with your environment replacing the unit won't help, the new one will have the same problem. 

thanks Dear PJMack

The device was out of the closet when it was showing 85C. In the diagnostic tab, I can see all fans were in working conditions but didn't check physically.

When you say it's "too hot" - is it shutting itself down?  Or are you just reading the temperature and thinking that it's high?

The SX80s (and the C series codecs before them) did run very hot - it's not unusual to see temps in the high 70Cs/low 80Cs under normal conditions.

If the codec is doing a thermal shutdown, then I'd suggest you contact TAC and get an RMA - if it's not, then there is no need to worry as they do run very warm.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks, Wayne DeNardi for your time.

We set a device's threshold temperature time is 90C. After reaching the configured temperature the device gets shutdown.

Dear All, Thanks for your help in this regard.

As I mentioned, all fans were working but the device's temperature goes to 84C to 86C.the device was also very hot.

I open the device to see the hardware condition. There was no space around the fans for exhaust. I clear all dust and blower the hardware.

now the device is working properly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: