Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SX80 installation

Hello

I was installing SX80 codec and camera precision 60 there was some confusion.

On SX80 codec there are three lan ports first one is for network lan port connectivity.

second lan port is showing in diagram is connected to camera and provided power also for camera.

On third port can i use a touch 10 device or i have to provide separate POE connection.

If power is provided to camera than still i have to connect RJ45 patch cord for camera from codec.

If separate POE is provided to touch 10 device it will work on DHCP IP or i have to provide manual ip address to touch 10.

Please need your suggestion.

Please find the attachment.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

See the SX80 Installation Guide for more details.

You can connect the Touch 10 to either Lan port 2 or 3, whichever one you don't connect the camera to.  You'll need to use a PoE injector to power the Touch 10, and the provided external power supply that comes with the  Precision 60 for the camera.  Both the camera and Touch 10 will get an IP from the SX80 as it acts as a DHCP server for the connected peripherals.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: