Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco TCS auto reboot on power failure

Binesh K
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have a new site with Cisco telepresence content server. There is some electrical work is going on and sometimes there is power failure. After each power failure we have to manually turn on TCS. Is there any way , we can make it automatic. So that once power resumes, TCS will on automatically like vcs.

Device details -

Cisco TelePresence Content Server v5.3 Build 3316

Regards

Binesh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The option is in the BIOS, we enabled it on our 2nd Gen TCS when it was installed.  Can't remember the option, but it is there.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi this is not possible on the 2nd gen box as far as i know since it has a power on button in the front. The earlier boxes and the vcs has an on or / off button only.

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thank you Magnus for the quick replay,

In normal windows server we can enable this feature from Bios. Is this applicable in TCS server.

Regards

Binesh.

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, that might be a possibility but i would need to check this and test to be sure. I think most newer BIOS's has the feature but I need to check it. Its not documented anywhere as far as I can see.

/Magnus

The option is in the BIOS, we enabled it on our 2nd Gen TCS when it was installed.  Can't remember the option, but it is there.

Thanks Patrick

/Magnus

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: