cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TCS - automatic MCU conf recording possible?

Danny Meyer
Level 4
Level 4

Hi.

I have a special situation, where a TCS should record preconfigured conferences. There is no TMS to schedule, so the conference should dial-out to the TCS when the head or the first user dials in.

That might be possible to achieve, but how can we disconnect the TCS to stop recording at the end ?

Any idea is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Danny

3 Replies 3

thobonho
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Danny,

If no one else on this forum has a simpler solution, I would suggest you to develop your own application that makes use of MCU and TCS API's. The MCU API allows you to register your application as a feedback receiver, which means that the application doesn't have to constantly poll the device if it wants to monitor activity.

Then, events such as conferenceStarted/conferenceFinished and participantJoined/participantLeft will allow you to start and stop the recording when required, by using the TCS API this time.

API guides are available online there:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/mcu/api_guide/MCU_API_2-9.pdf

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/tcs/5_0/api/api_guide.pdf

Good luck with implementing this nice little project

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is several method to archive what you are looking for.

One of method is to use “Pre-configured participants” feature on MCU.

Configure TCS recording alias as pre-configure participant to specific conference and enabled “Automatic disconnection” parameter.

Set to enabled, endpoint will be automatically disconnected from conferences when only endpoints set to Automatic disconnection remain in a conference when any other participant has disconnected.

So once all participants left the conference call, TCS recording connection should automatically terminated.

Similar functionality is “When only guests remain” configuration on conference setting.

Other method and if you have TelePresence Conductor for managing MCU bridge resource, you may configure TCS as “Auto-dialed participants” and set Keep conference alive to “No”.

TelePresence Conductor manage MCU to dial out pre-configured alias (i.e. TCS recording alias) once conference activated and the conference will automatically end when only auto-dialed participant remains.

Thanks guys for your help.

Tomonori, This is indeed the best solution. We really were not sure about the correct behaviour, but this will encourage me to try it out. That cusomter config does not have any extras, just MCU, the KISS way... :-)

Cheers

Danny 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: