Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TCS Call fails unexpectedly

Hi,

I am facing an issue with TCS, all the call to TCS(point to point call and MCU Scheduled call) is getting failed after a specific time. once the call has failed I cannot see any video stored in TCS for that problematic call as well.

if it is a MCU scheduled call, only the call leg to TCS will get fail other calls will remain as same. if i make a direct call to TCS alias after a specific time it will fail.

I am using TCS V5.1

Do any one of you have faced any problem like this with TCS.

Thanks & Regards,

Nikhil Jayan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It might be that the content engine is stuck so that it is unable to process the incoming RTP stream. Hat happens then in a call the TCS will claim that its recording for 1 minute and then the call will disconnect with (no media received). This is by design on the tcs to disconnect the call if no media is received within a minute. Maybe a restart of the tcs services can solve the issue.

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

aborodai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nikhil,

I cannot tell you why it is happening without any logs, could you please upload here logs from the TCS E: drive, content engine logs will be enough.

To fix it you can try to run repair function from add\remove program. It will fix installation if something was damaged.

Best Regards,

Artem Borodai

We've had this problem before, though we never found out the reason.  Call after a certain amount of time would just disconnect for no apparent reason no matter how we setup the call.  As Artem has suggested I'd do a repair, as that was what fixed it for us, and we haven't that that problem since.

Thank you for your response Patrick. I am planning on upgrading but was hoping for an answer. I'll check out that "bug" you mentioned. This will help motivate the team to move forward!

Would be nice to know why!!!

Thank you again..Kim

Sorry to open this old thread but have experienced this same issue. All my recordings would stop after approx. 1 minute. Reboot worked for a bit but then it wouldn't. Then I tried a different Recording alias and it worked. It appears that to be a corrupted Default Record Only Template.

Now..am faced with the new alias recording video but stops recording audio after about 30 seconds!

TCS 5.2. Am going to upgrade to 5.3 soon.

I'm open to any thoughts or suggestions.

Kim

Hello Kim -

You might be hitting the following bug CSCtz98025.  It was fixed in S5.3.1 as seen in the TCS S5.3.x release notes, but the most recent version of software for the 2nd Gen TCS is S5.3.2, so suggest you upgrade to it instead since you're planning on upgrading anyway.

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It might be that the content engine is stuck so that it is unable to process the incoming RTP stream. Hat happens then in a call the TCS will claim that its recording for 1 minute and then the call will disconnect with (no media received). This is by design on the tcs to disconnect the call if no media is received within a minute. Maybe a restart of the tcs services can solve the issue.

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App