Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Telepresence 3241 ISDN Gateway.

pulkit.sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have proposed CTS C60 Codec to our customer. For ISDN calls we have proposed Cisco Telepresence 3241  ISDN gateway to the customer.

I want to look into the possibility that if ISR G2 Cisco Routers with PVDM and E1 cards can be used as a Video gateway for H.323 to H.,320 calls.

Pleae suggest.

Thanks

Pulkit

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The Unified Communications license. There are also bundles that give you that and some PVDM3 at a discounted price.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Personally I would not recommend that unless you want to take some risk, because video support on the router is still new and apparently used by few.

Instead with a specialized gateway you will have more assurance it will work stably.

However If you want to share the same PRI among videoconf and PBX, that is doable with an ISR router and three interfaces. You will also need full  support, even if then codec are not used for switched calls. Unless the 3421 has a pass-through PRI port also, not sure.

Thanks Paolo.

We can propose both the options to the customer.

Please let me know what license I need to purchase in 2951 router to act as an ISDN gateway.

Bets regards,

Pulkit Sharma

The Unified Communications license. There are also bundles that give you that and some PVDM3 at a discounted price.

Hi,

UC license is fine. But do i require border element or gatekeeper license for the same.

regards,

Pulkit Sharma

No you don't, because the router will not be doing these things.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: