Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TelePresence C requirements for landlines and mobile calls

Gordon Blueau
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I have questions regarding Cisco TelePresence C: I know that you can call to landlines and mobiles as well from these.

I would like to know little bit more technical details about this:

- what else should be part of installation TP C series in case of calling to landlines or mobiles? What protocol should be used (ISDN H320)?

Should I also purchase Cisco TelePresence ISDN Link - http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collaboration-endpoints/telepresence-isdn-link/index.html or can I use SIP Protocol and some gateway for landlines?

Thank you for answers.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lawrence James
Level 1
Level 1

Inorder for you make or recieve calls to PSTN/Mobile then you will need some sort of gateway. Yes the the ISDN Link can work if you have just few endpoints.

If you have more endpoints and want to enable that cabability for all then a network infrastructure device would be best, like the Cisco TelePresence ISDN GW 3241

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Lawrence James
Level 1
Level 1

Inorder for you make or recieve calls to PSTN/Mobile then you will need some sort of gateway. Yes the the ISDN Link can work if you have just few endpoints.

If you have more endpoints and want to enable that cabability for all then a network infrastructure device would be best, like the Cisco TelePresence ISDN GW 3241

Thanks LC James,

Do you happen to know something about protocols as well? Are there any restrictions/preffrences about which ones to use?

EDIT:// And I just learned that h320 is supported by Cisco TelePresence ISDN Link, but overall, your answer is correct, so I will mark it as such

Thanks again.

They will convert H323/SIP<=>H320. The biggest difference is based on the requirments, cost setup and administration. The ISDN link is low cost, easy to setup but is a device that only supports the system it is paired with. The ISDN link can take BRI or PRI while the Gateway only takes PRI.

What are the requirements? If you are only looking to add audio only and it is only for one or two endpoints then you should be fine with the ISDN link.

To my knowledge, ISDN link should cover the needs just fine.

I was not sure whether it would support the protocol we are using + the other things I mentioned.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: