Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Telepresence Content server - Live streaming

Hi ,

We have a "Cisco TelePresence Content Server v5.3 Build 3486" . Am using windows media live streaming option to stream it across the globe via CDN network . I understand that Content server has a inbuilt windows media server and it can be utilized for this purpose . 

The CDN provider wants the stream to be a flash rather than a windows media to incorporate in web server which is compatible with mobile device. I was exploring the option of live streaming via flash but it has only wowza (external server). 

My question

How do i stream it via flash using the same server and not wowzaa. do we have option to install any softwares and convert the wmv to flash ,. or directly RTP , RSTP to flash. please guide me through this process

4 Replies 4

Chad Patterson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Jagatheesh,

Unfortunately there is no live streaming option for flash media locally. If you use the local windows media server to stream, it will use windows media format. You will need to setup an external server running an application such as Wowza and then push the content from the TCS to the external server, and let this application push it out using Flash.

Is Wowza the only option for flash streaming? Can it be done with Adobe Media Server?

According to the documentation, yes only Wowza is supported or Flash streaming and playback.

As discussed in your other thread, No, Adobe Media Server is not supported.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.