Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Telepresence content server migration

dharambirku
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

we are migrating teleprense content server from 5.3(3316)  to 6.2 by implementing new server VM,

for Data migration there is tool on cisco migration tool for 6.1  under 6.1 content server download link. but there is no migration software under 6.2  content server download link

My question is - is this same migration toolsoftware which can be used for 6.2

Could anyone  please assist?

Dev

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The migration tool should work as it's meant for the TCS 6.x software, the 6.2 admin guide does mention it, so I'd assume it should work.  Have you purchased the TCS appliance to VM migration yet, part number R-VMTCS-MIG-K9, you'd have to provide the VMWare and Windows 2008 Standard licenses.

Hi!

The Migration Assistant for 6.1 does NOT work. I had tons of issues with it and after three days of working with TAC they sent me a 6.2 version. This version was not digitally signed so I had to download it to PC, Scan it for malware with AV software, Compress it and copy it to my servers (old G2 and new Spec Based HP server). It worked (Had to run it twice due to SQL process was busy during migration).

We got some serious issues with the new server though where we can not access any recordings (new or old) with any account:

Domain\admin

Local\admin

Domain\users

TAC is still working on that. Support case for Migration tool and Playback Issues: 635479967

Here is the tool I got:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cqkvnnkaxzhvu7s/S_Migration_6_2.zip?dl=0

Thanks Abrahamsen,

-can we go directly for 6.2 build content server

- is 6.1 is required to build first if yes the which version

i am able to see 6.1 Telepresense content server UCS 220 M3 appliance only on cisco portal;

Cisco saying S_6_1_TC SVM_Bundle.Zip on   is required but not on portal

Dev

The virtual TCS 6.1 software was never publicly made available for download, only via eDelivery when you purchase the hardware to VM migration. Since 6.2 has been released, I've been told that you'll receive 6.2 if you purchase the migration, however that conflicts with what you've just said, so in not entirly sure. Just purchase the migration, and go with what you receive from the order. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: