cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TelePresence Content Server Recording Issues

ScottWermter
Level 1
Level 1

We have a new system and I am still learning my way around it.  We have not been able to record sessions successfully.  The session looks like it records ok but when it is done and we go to the content server and play it, only about the first 20 seconds are ok then no video but audio for a few seconds then no video or audio for the remainder of the file.

I know it is not much to go on but I was hoping someone else has run into this and provide some insight.  Any ideas?                 

3 Replies 3

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Scott

It is not too much to go on as you said. But if you can start by providing some more details regarding the unit you are trying to record from, what device / model / sw version this is on.

What is the TCS software version?

How are you making the call? Is there any firewalls on the network?

Is the endpoint and the TCS in the same network and are you calling the TCS directly from the endpoint or vice versa (multipoint or point to point?)

Does this happen every time you try to make a recording? Regardless of protocol, SIP / H323, bandwidth used?

It might be necessary to open up a TAC case on this as there is a lot of factors that can contribute to such a badly shaped recording behaviour. It might as well be a config issue. You can find the logs under the diagnostics in the device web interface. This might give you some insight to what might be wrong

/Magnus

Trying to record from a TANDBERG Codec C90 software version TC5.1.6.298375.

The TCS is v5.3 Build 3316.

From the C90 we are calling the TCS directly to initiate the recording. 

Both are on the same network and there shouldn't be any firewalls between them.

It does happen every time.  I haven't changed protocol but I did try different bandwidths thinking it might be pushing too much but same issue.

I think you are correct that I should probably open up a case.

I was able to get it somewhat working.  I disabled the live stream option and it now works.  The only issue is it stops at 30 minutes every time.  I assume it is a setting somewhere so I am digging for that.