Cisco Telepresence SX20 intergration with Cisco Telepresence EX60

iyeoh1993
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a question, i have the following device:

- SX20 set

- EX60 with touch controller

May i know can the EX60 be deploy in a SX20 enviroment? as both of them as call features i don't know if it will conflict or not as i have limited knowledge on Voice and Video. If the device can be integrate, may i request a deployment guide, configuration guide on these? Thanks alot!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

If your devices are not connected to any call control (VCS or CUCM), do a search for SX20 Standalone in the forums - there are many threads which describe what settings you need to configure.  Do the same configuration on both the SX and the EX.  Once done, you should be able to call the IP address of one from the other.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

Try booting it without the touch panel connected.  If that doesn't work, you can try a factory reset.  See factory-reset-ex60ex90-tc51-onwards - this also includes the instructions for a pre TC5.1 software device in one of the followup posts, so unless you know what software version you're running, you may need to try both ways.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Suggest you take a look at the admin guides, SX20; http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/quick-set-sx20/tc7/administration-guide/sx20-quickset-administrator-guide-tc73.pdf

EX60: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/ex-series/tc7/administration-guide/ex-series-administrator-guide-tc73.pdf

End-user guide: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/ex-series/tc7/user-guide/ex60-ex90-user-guide-tc73.pdf

Both are H.323 and SIP videococnferencing systems, so yes, they can talk to each other - how you make calls depends on your deployment, i.e, call control such as CUCM or VCS in the mix or stand-alone.

/jens

Pease rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Hi,

What do i need to set other than IP address? how do i define whether i need to configure SIP or H.323?

If your devices are not connected to any call control (VCS or CUCM), do a search for SX20 Standalone in the forums - there are many threads which describe what settings you need to configure.  Do the same configuration on both the SX and the EX.  Once done, you should be able to call the IP address of one from the other.

Wayne
--

Wayne
--

Hi,

Thanks, one more thing my EX60 device boot up stuck at connecting screen, and the led is flashing red light. May i know why is it like that?

Try booting it without the touch panel connected.  If that doesn't work, you can try a factory reset.  See factory-reset-ex60ex90-tc51-onwards - this also includes the instructions for a pre TC5.1 software device in one of the followup posts, so unless you know what software version you're running, you may need to try both ways.

Wayne
--

Wayne
--
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: