cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Telepresence SX20 Unable To Display Call Control Issue

Lee Win Neng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I would like to seek for advice on the issue that currently faced by me on the Cisco Telepresence SX20 that unable to display "Call Control" web interface as shown in the attachment below. 

The image of (1) showing that the web interface for call control was missing the input source and "Contacts" tab selection which only display "Participants" while the image of (2) showing that the web interface for call control was including of input source, Contacts and Participants tabs which is correct display.

I had tried to upgrade the firmware from ce8.2.2 to ce8.3.2 unfortunately the problem was still persists and kindly need your advice and assistance for this issue.

Thank you.

8 Replies 8

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CE8.2.2 and CE8.3.2 are very old software loads (October 2016 and April 2017 respectively).

The current software release for the SX20 is CE9.8.0, but if you need to keep running the older CE8.x software train, it is recommended that you run software release CE8.3.7.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Lee,

Is this behavior is since the installation of this SX unit ? 

have you tried over a different browser for web interface access to see if this makes any difference ?

Amit M

Hi, I have no idea because this unit had been deployed few years back. 
I had tried with other browser but seem like the problem still persist, does it could be caused by any hardware failure?

@Lee Win Neng wrote:

could be caused by any hardware failure?

It is unlikely that this is caused by a hardware failure.  It's much more likely to be a software issue.  I'd suggest updating the software on the endpoint again (even if just to the same version it's running, but the newest software release would be recommended) or reverting back to the previous software load (Maintenance > System Recovery > Sofware Recovery Swap) and see if the problem persists.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply and advice while I am planning to upgrade the firmware to CE8.3.7 to check see whether does it able to resolve the call control web-page missing issue. Besides that, I do check on another similar model SX20 and version CE8.2.2 (which similar to the previous version of SX20 with problem) and it does not have any issue when accessing the call control web-page via browser. 

I had tried to check is there any related bug that causing but so far I did not found any related, kindly need some advice on this.

Thank you.

@Lee Win Neng wrote:

kindly need some advice on this.

It's likely to be an issue with the software on that particular endpoint - not necessarily related to the software version, just a corrupt image.  Reloading the current software version, or upgrading to a newer software version (or even downgrading to an older software version - although this is not something that I would recommend) will put a fresh copy of the software on to the endpoint and likely fix the issue.

So, as suggested in all the previous responses - perform a software update of the endpoint as this should fix your issue.  If that still doen't fix it, then you should log a call with the Cisco TAC, but one of the first things they will suggest to you is to update the software, so you should do that as a first step anyway.

Wayne
--

Hi, 

As suggested, I had upgrade to the version ce 8.3.7 but unfortunately the problem was still persist which unable to display the "Call Control" page only with blank page on browser. 

Thank you for your advice.

Ok, if you have exhausted the software on the endpoint options, and you are sure that your web browser(s) are able to correctly access the endpoint, and you've done a factory reset on the device, then you're likely to have a bigger issue.   You should log a TAC case for an RMA.

Wayne
--
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: