Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TelePresence Touch 8 Installation fails

Dear Community,

I connected the Telepresence Touch screen via LAN on a C20 (TC6.0.0.876266). The Failure is, that the CISCO Telepresence Touch doesn't find the public IP of the codec. Under Settings/Administartor Settings/Activate pairing visibility mode i activated and also rebootet the C20 and reset the Touch. On another Codec plugged in there is a permanent reboot of the Touch. I can send you any logs across if you wish.

kind regards

christian

14 Replies 14

Danny De Ridder
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I cannot see such a setting on my touch running TC6.0.1 release.

If you can send the logs of the codec when you tried to pair to it and it reboots we can maybe see something in those logs. Current logs of the codec would be nice.

Ravi Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Chris,

Do you mean the auto discoevry of the codec on the network , so that as soon as you connect the touch pad on your network in the same subnet it finds the available codecs to pair with.

As Danny said its not on the tocuh pad.

Regards

Ravi Kr.

Danny De Ridder
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

the logs you sent privately are those of the codec where the touch is working ? The logs are from a C20 with serial number show below.

Jan 27 16:47:09 (none) main: TC5.1.5.297625

Jan 27 16:47:09 (none) main: SW Release Date: 2012-11-16

Jan 27 16:47:09 (none) main: Board name: 101551, variant: default

Jan 27 16:47:09 (none) main: Serial number: F1ANXXXXXXX

In that log I see that the rsync protocol to update the firmware on the touch failed.

2013/03/13 06:19:16 [24657] name lookup failed for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: Temporary failure in name resolution

2013/03/13 06:19:16 [24657] connect from UNKNOWN (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)

2013/03/13 06:19:16 [24657] rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (14 bytes received so far) [Receiver]

2013/03/13 06:19:16 [24657] rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(601) [Receiver=3.0.7]

Is this the log when the touch failed?

Danny.

the logs you sent privately are those of the codec where the touch is working ? 

No, from the codec where it does not work

Is this the log when the touch failed?

Yes

So, the only thing I see is the rsync.log where the touch tries to check the codec whether it needs to upgrade or not and that check fails.Have a meeting tomorrow with engineering, will bring this up.

Have you tried to factory reset the touch panel when trying to connect to the codec in the failing scenario?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/videos/4166

Hi Danny,

Did you brought this up in your meeting with engineering?

kind regards

christian

Hello,

they had the same suggestion of doing a factory reset of the touch panel.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/videos/4166

Can you try this for the failing scenario and send the current logfiles again after the attempt?

Thanks!

Danny.

Ravi Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Chris,

When you say another codec is there a change of location/network happening as well.

Regards
Ravi kr.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

When you say another codec is there a change of location/network happening as well.

Yes the codec is sitting in another location

Hi Ravi,

Do you have any suggestions here? Any result of analysing the logs?

kind regards

christian

Hi Christian,

We need to check if the upnp mode is truned "on" on the codec its under experimental settings.

Is the same touch pad failing all the times connected to the same codec  was this tested.

Thanks

Ravi Kr.

Danny De Ridder
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

the logs you sent are historical logs with the most recent logs date 13th of March 2013.

These logs shows the touch panel to be a "recent" one : Main board F so that's good.

Jan 27 16:47:55 localhost main: Main board: F

When the touch pairs with the codec, it verifies whether the code it is running is current or not. That information is in the rsync.log.

2013/03/13 06:19:16 [24657] name lookup failed for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: Temporary failure in name resolution

2013/03/13 06:19:16 [24657] connect from UNKNOWN (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)

2013/03/13 06:19:16 [24657] rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (14 bytes received so far) [Receiver]

2013/03/13 06:19:16 [24657] rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(601) [Receiver=3.0.7]

There are some errors in that logs.

Is the DNS working fine on the codec? When the touch connects, the codec will do a reverse DNS lookup for the IP address.

Do you also have the current logfiles?

I would check the DNS on the codec.

TANDBERG Codec Release TC6.1.2.eb6d163

SW Release Date: 2013-05-29

OK

systemtools network ping www.cisco.com

ping: www.cisco.com (72.163.4.161), 3 packets, timeout 2 seconds.

3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0% packet loss, avg rtt 163.859 ms

OK

Danny.

Dear Community,

There is an Issue with pairing so that it has first to be connected directly to the codec and after that

succeeded you could connected via LAN. But it was not possible to connect in first step via LAN, so pairing first with codec is a work around. Are you aware of that?

kind regards

christian

Hi Chris,

sorry for the delayed response, no this should not be a noraml behaviour.

we need to look into the details , is this touch tested with more than one codec or just one

Regards

Ravi kr.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: