cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TelePresence Touch 8" showing a vertical bright line end to end on the screen

mguguvcevski
Level 1
Level 1

I will also try to do a factory reset of the unit, but have you stumpled on something like this:

touch.jpg      

4 Replies 4

Danny De Ridder
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I have seen similar vertical line on an EX90 LCD screen, but this is first time I get to see somebody report such a failure on the touch panel.

I think the principle is the same. Screen matrix of rows/columns has a defective column of pixels.

Hardware issue I would say.

Interesting fact here is that this was not an issue when the unit was unboxed out of the factory. It just appeared after some time.

Cheers,

M.

Hello,

I am still inclined to say this is hardware error.

In the case of the bad LCD, when we applied "light" pressure on the top/bottom of the vertical line, the vertical line sometimes went away, but re-appeared afterwards. You could try same on your touch panel.

I have the same issue on two devices, MX200 G1 and EX90,  funny thing is that it disapears on MX200 after a while, I think it might be a firmware or software.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: