Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server X8.1 released

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
8 Replies 8

Chris Swinney
Level 5
Level 5

And a Merry Christmas, to one and all...

michael_young
Level 1
Level 1

Is it true that 8.1 does not support WebEx for Telepresence?

WebEx enable TelePresence support with X8.1 on VCS series deployment but not Expressway series deployment.

Customer who already have WebEx enable TelePresence deployment, they can simply upgrade VCS to X8.1.

WebEx enable TelePresence solution require MCU to be locally registered hence Expressway series (new solution introduce with X8.1 software release) won’t support registration (design to be collaboration gateway for CUCM).

Therefore if customer deploy traversal solution with Expressway-C/Expressway-E only, then WebEx enable TelePresence solution won't support on it.

Thanks Tomonorl

Just to be clear, We have WebEx enable TelePresence working now,  We dont have CUCM, rather VCS-C/VCS-E running 7.2.2 so x8.1 is not supported

TMS 14.3.1, TMSPE1.1

MSE8000

VCS-E and VCS-C 7.2.2

Is that correct?

Please note X8.1 is not for CUCM integration, it is major release version for VCS series including multiple bug fixes and improvement of system robustness.

Thanks

I'm still confused.

I'm on VCS version 7.1 and expressway 7.1. We don't have CUCM. Our MCU is in house and we have another off site. If I upgrade the expressway and VCS to 8.1 will we not be able to take advantage of WebEX to Telepresence integration?

Just to clarify, if I have a MCU registered to a VCS-C and a 8.1 expressway I can use webex enabled telepresence?