cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TMS Conference Control Center replacement

Danny Mainprize
Level 1
Level 1

Since the Conf control center in TMS 15.3 has such a problem with Java on every browser I can imagine trying to run it on, is there an alternative that can accomplish the same basic thing?  Something standalone like the real-time monitoring tool for UCS?  Something else completely? 

One of these days I truly hope Cisco gets fully away from Java for management tools.  Every random update causes havoc with asdm, tms, vsom, etc...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Since CCC doesn't support Cisco Meeting Server, there is a solution coming for that, but I'm not sure if it's a total replacement of CCC for all conference bridges (ie: MCU, TelePresence Server, Conductor).  You should reach out to your Account Manager, they should be able to provide more information regarding the solution and it's capabilities.

And I agree, Java is a pain, it has been for years.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Since CCC doesn't support Cisco Meeting Server, there is a solution coming for that, but I'm not sure if it's a total replacement of CCC for all conference bridges (ie: MCU, TelePresence Server, Conductor).  You should reach out to your Account Manager, they should be able to provide more information regarding the solution and it's capabilities.

And I agree, Java is a pain, it has been for years.

Update on my last reply, the conference monitoring solution that is being worked on is currently only for Meeting Server, since CCC doesn't support CMS. CCC is still used to support the other conference bridges types: TelePresence Server, MCU, Conductor. 

Any info as to when it will be available?

No idea, if I had to guess, sometime in the coming months. Your Account Manager should be able to tell you though. 

Is there a solution for CCC yet? I just upgraded TMS to 15.5 and still doesn't work. What is everyone else using to monitor live calls on CMS & TMS?

Monitoring solution for CMS hasn't been released yet, most likely sometime over the summer. Right now you have to rely on looking at the conference on the List Conferences page within TMS and directly monitor the calls from within CMS. If you're looking for a third-party solution, you can take a look at Acano Manager

Thanks for the reply Patrick. As mentioned we upgraded TMS to 15.5 and it seems that the CCC function works on WIndows 10 PC's but not on W7. Both PC's are running Java8(131) and using IE11 on both as well. 

here's the error:

Java support has not been detected. This page requires Java to be installed and enabled in your browser. Java may not be installed, or may be disabled in your browser due to configuration or security settings. Please visit the Java website www.java.com to download the Java Runtime or to test your browser's configuration.

I've completely removed Java from my W7 pc and reinstalled the newest version but I'm not getting the security prompts as others on W10 are. I've restored the security settings in the Java console

What version of Java do you have installed, 32 or 64-bit?

For example, if you've installed 32-bit Java and you're using a 64-bit browser, Java will not be detected.

Thanks Patrick! Java was indeed the culprit.

So in other words, No.

Dang.  Thanks for the other info.