cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TMS Provisioning User Import Limit?

Lonemaker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

we are running TMS 14.3 with TMSPE 1.1 .

I try to import users from our ActiveDirectory, but there is always a limit of 1000 users to be processed by TMS.

Import.JPG

How can I change this behaviour?

regards,

CCNP R&S
6 Replies 6

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not sure if there is a limit or a bad handling within TMSPE.

1000 is a typical ldap limitation regards answering on a single request, but normaly

clients could ask for more, ...

What version is your AD?

As a workaround you could use different groups, it might be handy anyhow to have some seperation of your users.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

AD Version is 2008 R2

CCNP R&S

Oh sorry this was my fault. This happens if I try to import via another DC from a diverent domain under the tree. If I do this directly from the DC in the correct domain, there is no limit :-)

Problem closed.

CCNP R&S

CCNP R&S

Dale,

Can you explain what causes the 10K limit on imported users? We have a robust SQL Server cluster and seemingly TMS and TMSPE are equally robust. We're quite surprised to realize this 10K folder limitation. We have over 130K users and trying to manage who gets to download Jabber is going to be a nightmare. What causes the 10K limitation? WEre' running TMS14.3.1 and TMSPE 1.1.

Thanks.

See page 71 in the TMSPE Deployment doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tmspe/install_guide/Cisco_TMSPE_Deployment_Guide_1-1.pdf

The limitation is on the VCS db side, i.e. exceeding internal table limits.

See page 23 of the same doc on what we recommend concerning grouping your users. And also see page 12 concerning VCS cluster limitations as well.

In your case, and based on the numbers your talking and the solution limits, you could have 10 groups containing 10k users each associated to 10 VCS clusters, i.e. 100k.

There's no throttle or limit here. However, and per documentation, we do stipulate no more than 10k per group...but again, no throttle or limit on TMSPE.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: