cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TMS "No HTTP response 401 error code" TMS 14.2.2 VCS Version &.7.2.1

willpkk01
Level 1
Level 1

In a separate post I have something related to this, but I'd like to get an answer by the morning when I wake up so I just made a new post. 

So I synced up my TMS with my VCS and I can now click the provisioning tab and I was advised by a Cisco Expert here to turn off TLS, and certificate and host name verification to get rid of the "HTTPS response error" I was having. I did a full sync on both the TMS and VCS and now I get a "HTTP response 401 error code" message. I unfortunately didn't write down the exact words that it was saying in red because I'm at home now writing this post and like an idiot I didn't write it down. 

However I think this has something to do with user verification? Is that it? 

Patrick, If you respond many thanks for all the help. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you follow all the steps in the TMSPE deployment guide?

I'm out of town at Cisco Live, but a quick search of the forums, I found http-exception-after-migrating-tms-tmspe, might be something to look into.  It's also a documented bug, CSCue48378.

How long have you all been using TMSPE, has it ever worked prior to all the recent issues you've been having?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you follow all the steps in the TMSPE deployment guide?

I'm out of town at Cisco Live, but a quick search of the forums, I found http-exception-after-migrating-tms-tmspe, might be something to look into.  It's also a documented bug, CSCue48378.

How long have you all been using TMSPE, has it ever worked prior to all the recent issues you've been having?

Problem Solved. I can now provision my accounts to my VCS and I started deploying new Cisco Units today. So under where you put your username and password under provisioning my systems admin told me I'm supposed to put a sys before my username and that was what was wrong!!! Thank you Patrick for all the support!

So basically I input the wrong username when I tried syncing the two together. Now if i could just deploy two more of these servers, update my content servers and get my Scopia Gateway working correctly I'm rocking and rolling!!

Glad you got it figured out, I thought of possibly a wrong username/password, but assumed you had that setup correct. If the account that is used to sync TMS and VCS is a domain account, you should enter domain\username.

Thanks!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: