Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TP MX300G2 Registration to Spark Cloud

mohdshajan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a customer who has an MX300G2 without active service contract and running firmware version TC7.1.0

May i know what is the minimum software version for registering it to the Spark Cloud. I understand that there should be an active service contract for the release key to take it to CE 8.X and above.

As we have a demo with this unit for Spark registration and CMR cloud, i really need to get it registered to spark cloud atleast temperorily for 2 days to run the demo successsfully. Can we achieve this with the current TC 7.1.x software.

Appreciate your thoughts on this

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CE8.2 is the minimum software version to register endpoints to Spark.

Supported Devices and Applications for Cisco Spark Services

Release keys aren’t required after TC6.1, only an active service contract for the endpoint is needed to download the software from Cisco.com, the only requirement is you must be running TC7.3.6 or later to upgrade to CE software. 

View solution in original post

If you already have the software downloaded, maybe from other endpoint upgrades, nothing to stop you from upgrading this particular endpoint. The only thing you’ll run into is if you have issues with the software upgrade, you won’t be able to get TAC support without a service contract for the endpoint.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CE8.2 is the minimum software version to register endpoints to Spark.

Supported Devices and Applications for Cisco Spark Services

Release keys aren’t required after TC6.1, only an active service contract for the endpoint is needed to download the software from Cisco.com, the only requirement is you must be running TC7.3.6 or later to upgrade to CE software. 

Patrick,

Thanks for the reply. The endpoint doesnt have the service contract, but i have the TC. 7.3.6  and CE 8.3 softwares to perform step upgrades.

So would you advise me to go ahead and do the upgrades  as i have the softwares ?

Regards

If you already have the software downloaded, maybe from other endpoint upgrades, nothing to stop you from upgrading this particular endpoint. The only thing you’ll run into is if you have issues with the software upgrade, you won’t be able to get TAC support without a service contract for the endpoint.

Hi Patrick,

I upgraded the firmware to CE8.3.3, however i dont find an option to register it to the Spark cloud. We have a DX70 which gives an option to enter Activation code while booting up to register to the cloud. But MX300 does not provide it.

Please help

Startup wizard can be accessed using the Touch 10 under Settings > Administrator > Provisioning, from there you can choose to register the endpoint to Spark.

Hi,

I installed the 8.3.3 software, however it doesn't have Spark registration and provisioning options/Wizard in its Menu. I had to go for the latest 9.1.4 software on my MX300 to get the registration options.

Strange, another way to get to the startup wizard is to factory reset the endpoint and go through the steps of deploying it for the first time. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: