Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Video advantage

joaopereira2307
Level 1
Level 1

Ok... first time here, so please be patient. thanks

I have a Cisco 2851  (Software Ver 12.4) and all works perfectly for voice calls... then on nice day...my outgoing calls stopped working... nothing...works fine internally...but external calls would give me a busy signal. After a tedious troubleshooting (by myself) I found that the problem was with the App Cisco Unified Video Advantage...when it's on...no calls....when i shut the app down...then all goes back to normal.

I have updated it to the latest version- I think- ( App 2.2.1.7 CPD3.0) problem persistes..

What do we have missing for this think not to work with my system ..(phones are Cisco IP Phones 7945)

I assume that something must be misconfigured on my router...but what???

Thanks

JP

4 Replies 4

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Joao,

I don't know if you've got the issue solved but I had issues with 7985 and PSTN using PRI E1. The solution was adding the command bearer-cap speech under the PRI E1 voice port.

Hope it helps, please rate if it does.

- Adrian.

Adrian, thanks for the answer...but could you please tell me how to fix (or add the bearer-cap Speech)????

I have no idea how to go about to add that???

Sorry

JP

Joao,

Add it under the Voice-port for the PRI.

voice-port 0/2/1:23

bearer-cap speech

Steve

Steve,

Thanks. I did put the command in the right place and yes now i can call even when Cisco Video advantage is loaded, unfortunaletly i lost the ability to use the webcam for video calls with the Cisco 7945 Phone.

I have 2 lines. one is the external line that allows me to calls any US landline and this was were i had the calls drop when the Cisco Video Advantage was loaded...i needed to shut it down everytime before trying to make a call.

But then i have a second line which allow me to call my other military bases in Brazil (and this is like a internal network - not real numbers just like extensions) and on that i was able to do video calls with my webcam.. well with the command it solved my problem with the first line, but now i lost the ablility to do video calls.

Any idea in what to do to keep this thing working with line one but not shut down the video for line 2?

Thanks

JP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: