Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VCS 7.0.2 Call History

ma.romero
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I have a cluster of Cisco Telepresence Video Communication Server x7.0.2 and all weeks we restart the devices for maintenance but the call history disappear when the devices is restarted.

I try to find this call history but I couldn't find it.

Do somebody know where this call histroy is located or is deleted whenever the devices is restarted?

I need this call history for statistics, like a CDRs in Call Manager (or Unified Communication Manager)

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

you can try to access VCS as root and go to /mnt/hardisk/logs then look for "messages" log for the date you are interested in.Open it with any text editor and try to filter out on h225.setup and method=invite messages - these are your calls. There are also a lot of other messages.

Regards//Andrey

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Vernon Depee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The call history for the VCS is stored in the VCS's clusterdb. This portion of the clusterdb is erased after a restart/reboot, so after the device has been restarted this information is more or less lost (at least I am not aware of any way to recover the data).

Are you using a TMS for CDR's? If so, the TMS will have all of the call information.

Also, why are you restarting the VCS every week for maintenance?

Thanks,

Vernon

Hi Vernon,

Ok, thanks for the information.

I know that the CDRs were deleted in every restart/shutdown of the VCS but I didn't know if VCS store the data in a internal database.

Yes I use TMS.

Yes, for maintenance I have to restart the VCS all weeks.

Thanks.

Best regards.

Hi,

you can try to access VCS as root and go to /mnt/hardisk/logs then look for "messages" log for the date you are interested in.Open it with any text editor and try to filter out on h225.setup and method=invite messages - these are your calls. There are also a lot of other messages.

Regards//Andrey

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for that info.

I will try to find the correct CDR logs for our call, because in this logs appears all searches, calls (completed, no answer, not completed,...)

Best regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: