Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VCS 7.2.2

yandi
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

Quick question - is there any way to set a maximum session duration timer on the Cisco VCS? The main reason is to clear down calls that have not cleared properly on the VCS (possibly due to a dropped internet connection or similar).

thanks

Anthony

4 Replies 4

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Vandi,

you can modify the parameters under sip configuration on VCS by navigating to "VCS configuration > Protocols > SIP > Configuration)"

Rgds

Alok

Hi

Thanks - but there is no parameter for 'maximum session duration'. I was more wondering if there may be a hidden CLI command which may allow the maximum sip session time to be configured. The issue is that we have SIP calls that can remain connected indefinitely as they were not ended cleanly. So for example, a large number of licenses could end up being comsumed by these 'stuck' sessions.

regards

Anthony

Hellu Vandi,

I agre wit Aluk,

Go to

VCS configuration > Protocols > SIP > Configuration)

Nou 2 things i wanted to clarfy.

1st is it happening like under call status > the disconnected calls shows up and remain there for long time,long after they are disconnected. if thats the issue, i think its a Bug, ive seen that happening too on 7.2.

2nd thing Its the nature of SIP since calls are connected end to end, when you disconnect a call from VCS, Calls wold remain connected for few sec, for only reason that VCS removes it self from providing all the resources for the call.

and session remains between endpoints for few secs.

I thank you,

Dorte ..

Hi Yandi,

AS you know session refresh is a way of knowing if the call is active or not. when the endpoint sends the invite to VCS it adds two timer values.

session refresh -- upper bound is the time taken by proxy to maintain its state for the session.

minimum session refresh.-- lower bound for session refresh interval. its the fastest rate which any proxy processing this request allowed.

I know that call hanging issues on VCS is seen specially in case of SIP calls when the UAC dies in the call. This issue exists on some older version of VCS code but i haven't witnessed on x7.2.2 (call hanging for infinite time).

You can modify this parameters and see if it helps.

Rgds

Alok

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: