Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VCS and Lync2013 integration

megafonmsk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

Could you please tell me, when CISCO starts officially support Lync2013 - release a new software for VCS-C and documentation on integration?

The primary interest is in the possibility of transferring video between CISCO endpoints/MCUs and Lync on the H.264 protocol, that is native to Lync2013.

At this time, I have VCS-C X7.2 and Lync2013 RTM. On the video call without AMGW, call establishes like audio-only.

When using with Lync2010, this worked on H.263 protocol and CIF resolution.

21 Replies 21

Hi Mike,

yes, thats right..currently the Buzz around is for november.

Rgds

Alok

dgjones19170
Level 1
Level 1

Is the Microsoft Interoperability option key required for Lync 2013 to VCS communication?

Yes, see page 244 of the admin guide;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/admin_guide/Cisco-VCS-Administrator-Guide-X8-1.pdf

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

MegaFon UC Team
Level 1
Level 1

I tried X8.1 - calls from Lync2013 on iPad to Cisco endpoints works fine, but calls from Lync2013 on android devices or iPhone (5) - fails =(

dgjones19170
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know the product number for the Microsoft Interoperability option key to be ordered.  I can not find it online.

Douglas -

In the VCS 8.1 release notes it states the Microsoft Interoperability option key is formerly known as the Enhanced Microsoft Collaboration option key.  So unless they plan on changing part numbers, they might use the old OCS option key.

Cisco-VCS-Release-Note-X8-1.pdf, bottom of page 1.

Correct, it is same PID (Option key index is 116341C00) and will display as “Microsoft Interoperability” if VCS run with X8.1 software version.

So for those already have “Enhanced OCS Collaboration” option key installed, VCS will automatically update option key as “Microsoft Interoperability” once software is upgraded.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: