cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VCS Expressway public ip dialing issue.

Binesh K
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

In our vc setup the devices are endpoint+jabber - vcs control - vcs expressway. The vcs control is inside the firewall and vcs expressway is outside the firewall and directly connected to public ip. vcs expressway is with dual NIC. Currently we face issue with outbound ip dialing (public ip). endpoint will search for long time and end with timeout/ temporarly unavailable.

The outbound / inbound uri dialling is working fine. Also the inbound ip dialling is working fine (by putting a fall back alias on vcs expressway public ip).

The calls to unknown ip address in vcs control is indirect and vcs expressway is direct. For public ip dialing any search rules required. current rules are configured as per the

Cisco_VCS_Basic_Configuration_Cisco_VCS_Control_with_Cisco_VCS_Expressway_Deployment_Guide_X7-0 guide.

Currently when am dialing the public ip from jabber client am getting the following search result on expressway

• SubSearch (1)
    • Type: Search Rules
    • CallsToUnknownIPAddresses (2)
      • Mode: Direct
      • Found: True
      • Zone (1)
        • Name: DefaultZone
        • Type: Default
        • Protocol: SIP
        • Found: False
        • Reason: Request Timeout
        • Gatekeeper (1)
          • Alias (1)
            • Type: Url
            • Origin: Unknown
            • Value: 202.158.195.138
      • Zone (2)
        • Name: DefaultZone
        • Type: Default
        • Protocol: H323
        • Found: False
        • Reason: Cancelled
        • Gatekeeper (1)
          • Address: 202.158.195.138:1720
          • Alias (1)
            • Type: Url
            • Origin: Unknown
            • Value: 202.158.195.138

So as per the current physical connection, no firewall in vcs expressway and public . Can any one please suggest the possible problems for this issue and troubleshooting. If any other screenshots required , pls let me know. Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

kntieche
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Binesh,

the first sip attemps fails with timeout reason. It does look like a network issue. maybe you should make a test call with UDP off on the VCS config to prevent the SIP UDP attempt to placed the IP address call.

Hi Karim,

Thank you for quick replay,

I turned of UDP under sip configuration. The current search history also am getting the same message

sip call - request time out and h.323 call - cancelled.

Regards

Binesh.

unfortunately i also have the same issue.

its VCS E attempting the call as type "URL"  not as "IP ADDRESS".  

if you dial the same ip with and endpoint registered as h323 on the same VCS. call will succeed. 

• Address: 202.158.195.138:1720
    • Alias (1)
      • Type: Url
      • Origin: Unknown
      • Value: 202.158.195.138

You can see type is Url not IP Address.

• Type: Url

i am also looking for fix. :( 

HTH