Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VCS restore backup

Omar Gamil
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I want to migrate VCS appliance to VM. I want to know when I restore the backup the server certificate will be restored or not.

Thanks in Advance

Omar Gamil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Prassha
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Omar

There is no need for certificate backup as when you are going to restore the backup it will automatically restore your certificate.

During backup process your certs are also backed up but if you want to be more careful you can save a copy of all certs.

Rate if you find this helpful

Regards
Prassha3

Rate if you find this helpful or Mark Solutions as Accepted

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Prassha
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Omar

There is no need for certificate backup as when you are going to restore the backup it will automatically restore your certificate.

During backup process your certs are also backed up but if you want to be more careful you can save a copy of all certs.

Regards
Prassha3

Rate if you find this helpful or Mark Solutions as Accepted

you can request the certificate again from your provider for free.  Most providers will allow you to generate a new one if you choose not to restore the configuration.

Also, I got burned on the backup not having the certificate for a customer.  I say download the certificate.  Also If you have a internally signed cert on one Expressway and public on the edge, you need to load the root on the opposite.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: