Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VCS SIP and H323 Troubleshooting Tool

cfiestas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

During the last few months I have been working on a tool called SMART. SMART will and can assist you parse and analize Cisco VCS SIP and H323 output traces either collected using netlog or by properly downloading the diagnostics log file from Cisco VCS version 7.x. I hope you find SMART a useful tool.

Overview

----------------

SMART is a POWERFUL Output log parser and analyzer 
capable of parsing and analyzing single or multiple SIP,
H323 and Q931 logs files from various platforms such as
Cisco Telepresence Video Communication Server, Cisco
Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Telepresence Systems,
Cisco IOS and others. Thus, SMART reduces painful, consuming
and critical log analyzing time for the engineer while providing
accurate parsing as well as reporting.

Features

• Cisco Unified Communications     Manager  Intelligent SIP parsing capabilities
  • Cisco Unified Communications Manager Intelligent   H323 parsing capabilities
  • Cisco Unified Communications Manager Intelligent   Q931 parsing capabilities
  • Cisco IOS Q931 Intelligent parsing capabilities
  • Cisco IOS Intelligent SIP Log tracing   capabilities
  • Cisco Telepresence Video Communication Server  SIP  Log Tracing capabilities
  • Cisco Telepresence Video Communication Server   H323 Log Tracing capabilities
  • Cisco Telepresence System SIP Log Tracing   capabilities
  • Cisco Cius SIP parsing capabilities.
  • Quick Find (multiple search criteria within the   log or logs)
  • Powerful Call Flow and Media Reporting
  • SMART Inspector feature (double click on any  line  and new screen opens with the actual file content, matching location of   the line selected by the user)
  • Log screen Print
  • SMART Report Print
  • SMART supports .txt, .log, .dat  and most  text  file formats 
  • Detail Screen Print
  • Single and all row copy feature
  • Access to the PolarisOne database
  • Compare Files (SMART will be able to compare   xconfig and IOS configuration files)
  • Auto Self Update and or upgrades (no need to   search for new updates or upgrades files)
  • Easy Installation (interactive process)

Installation

SMART requires the following hardware and software in  order to properly install and run,

-1 GHz x86 processor
-512 MB of RAM
-512 MB Hard Disk space available
-Microsoft Windows  Professional
-Microsoft Windows Vista
-Microsoft Windows 2000
-Microsoft Windows 7
*.NET Framework 3.5 is required.

You can download SMART here  or by visiting www.telepresencebridge.com/smart

Cesar Fiestas
53 Replies 53

gabriel.caclin
Level 4
Level 4

Too bad, link and website are down...

Is there anybody who can upload the tool on any download platform?

Thanks a lot!

Hi Gabriel

Check your e-mail

/Magnus

Thanks a lot Magnus !

You're the king  ;-)

Hello,

I have momentarily stop any further develoment on SMART. Although SMART can be still be downloaded by visiting the following link https://www.box.net/shared/ftjb3178xuvgoneyf6qh

You will notice a bit of delay when opening SMART and this is due to SMART trying to connect to it's update server which is currently offline, same for the registration screen. Although eventually SMART will open and run as normal

Thanks and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Cesar Fiestas

Cesar Fiestas

Thanks Cesar,

Just to know, for the first time users, it looks that we are not able to launch the software because of the registration step: it missed and display a SQL server related error, then no way to go further.

is there a way to "Bypass" taht?

Thanks a lot !!!

Gabriel,

Correct, the SQL error is displayed because the update server is offline, hence it cant insert the registration information into the tables/sql srv. Clicking OK should bypass the registration. In order to fully bypass the registration i will have to make changes on the code. Thanks

Cesar Fiestas

Cesar Fiestas

I tried me too, but it seems that the program exits after showing the error.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Paolo

Well, since the server is down, the registration process looks like a mandatory step, and the code needs some changes to works.

If you have time Cesar, that will be awsome :-).

Thanks a lot !

Guys,

What happens if you guys press any other button than the ok button? thanks

Cesar Fiestas

Hello,

I have the same issue....

Gotcha!

When the registration process ask first name/last name: just click on the red cross, and it will bypass the reg and switch to the main screen.

Thansk you Cesar.

Gabriel,

Thanks for your patience and for giving it a try. I will try to get the update server up this week along with releasing another update to the code.

Cesar Fiestas

Cesar Fiestas

I only ave a flash on the PC screen. I can't open the application

Buisson, when you launch the SMART application, when the software promp you to register==>Click on the whit cross in the red box on the top right to "close" the registration (like if you want to close an explorer on windows).

Thank you very much

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: