Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VCSC - License transfer?

Dean O'Meara
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are looking at getting our VCS appliances virtualised and in the process of doing this we are also doing some shifting / decommissioning of these VCSs in regards to where they sit within our network and in doing so we have found we have no real use any more for one of our VCS controls however if we were to decommission this would we be able to transfer the licenses on that VCSC to a different VCSC we have which we plan on keeping?

3 Replies 3

Hi,

You can refer to this previous post:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11902011/vcsvcse-license-migration-hardware-vm

regards,

Acevirgil

Thanks however unless I have mis-read something this covers off transferring the licenses from a physical box to a virtual box during the migration process which is not what I were asking.

What I am wanting to find out is, if we have 4 physical VCSC and only wanting to migrate 3 as virtual however the fourth VCSC we do not plan to virtualiee but actually decommission is it possible to have those licenses transferred to one of the 3 virtual VCSC that remain in operation?

If so how would we go about doing that?

You'll need to do a re-host of the 4th VCS, which will allow you to transfer the licenses and will require you to RMA the VCS.