Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO Video Communication Server (VCS) Control Application failed

Dear Community,

There was follwing emegency alert: "Application failed" "An unexpected software error was detected in python (18649) signal 6 aborted" VCS seems to working still fine.

3 Replies 3

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Christians,

What is the versin of your VCS?

I remember I had some customers with the same problem in the past, they were not running the latest version, but after upgrading to the latest version the problem was resolved. Are you running the latest version? If not, I stronghly recommend you to upgrade your server.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Even with X7.2.2 you might see that:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuh89327

Anyhow, X7.2.2 (latest) seems to be ok, so check that you have that one running

(check the release notes and other info, there might be dependencies in your deployment which

have to be matched as well).

I would recommend do a restart of the vcs if you have the chance.

If you see any issues I would recommend to open a TAC case.

I had one case where the ram was defective where I saw these errors, but the hole vcs

was going nuts, so if you do not have any strangeness then just live with it. I have seen

it on other perfectly fine looking vcs as well.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Christian,

please open a TAC case and provide the system snapshot.

it necessary to check if the crash is same as mentioned in bug as said by Martin.

Rgds

Alok

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: