Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Video help

slaam2013
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I need help please , i have a solution for video conference. I have an existing CUCM cluster v9 , and i have a video endpoints (9971 , E20 ,E60). We need to do video conference (ad-hoc conference ) , after my studying i think i can use Cisco MCU unit to do video conference , i need to get answers for the below:-

1-What is the model for Cisco MCU?.

2-How many conference participants can connect to the conference?.

3-I think there is no need for VCS (call control) for my case  , because i donot have 3rd part h323 or telepresence)?.correct.

4-Can i do schedule for meeting by MCU?.

5-Which protocol between MCU and CUCM cluster will be prefered?. Any document for the configuration , please.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The MCU can be registered on CUCM as a conference resource (using SIP)

read this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/mcu/install_guide/Cisco_TelePresence_MCU_Deployment_guide_1-31.pdf

CUCM wil register E20 and E60 natively.

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
1-What is the model for Cisco MCU?.

There are many, of different specs and capabilities.  4200 Series, 4500 Series, 4501 Series, 5300 Series, MSE Series.

2-How many conference participants can connect to the conference?.

It depends on the model and licences and number of MCU(s) if you cascade them... you can have thousands.

3-I think there is no need for VCS (call control) for my case  , because i donot have 3rd part h323 or telepresence)?.correct.

4-Can i do schedule for meeting by MCU?.

5-Which protocol between MCU and CUCM cluster will be prefered?. Any document for the configuration , please.

See response in post by Dennis above.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.