cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Webex Codec Plus - Microphones changing status (Active/Inactive) frequently

mn4
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am working on the Cisco Webex Codec Plus (ce 9.14) for our customer who is complaining about occasional audio issues.

As I am focusing on the microphones, I had a look into the Setup > Peripherals webpage of such endpoint, and noticed that the three mics flaps from Active to Inactive (and viceversa) every few seconds.

Unfortunately I am not an expert in audio components and would appreciate clarifications on what this behavior means and whether it is normal or could be consider a potential part of the issue.

Thanks in advance!

mn

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is normal behaviour.   When the room the mics are in goes quiet enough, the mics will show as Inactive, and then when there is noise in the room they can hear, they will show as Active and you will be able to check their level on the VU Meter.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is normal behaviour.   When the room the mics are in goes quiet enough, the mics will show as Inactive, and then when there is noise in the room they can hear, they will show as Active and you will be able to check their level on the VU Meter.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thank you so much Wayne,

I suspected what you explained but getting a confirmation from an expert is definitely a relief.

Thank you!

MN

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: