cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO WEBEX ROOM 70 DUAL G2 - ISSUE

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

I have a new CISCO WEBEX ROOM 70 DUAL G2 running version Ce9.4.0. 

Problem:  Left monitor will not display video when in a call. 

Symptom: When system wakes up there is no video (selfview). 

When DISPLAY #1 Monitor Left HDMI is moved to Codec HDMI 2 output I get video. 

When DISPLAY 1 and 2 HDMI are connected per drawing, not working. 

When I plug HDMI display one to HDMI output 2 on codec nothing works. 

Now what is strange is the user reseated the HDMI cable from camera and both monitors showed video on left monitor and computer on right monitor.  

I also tried to upgrade to Ce9.4.2 and Ce 9.6.2 and both failed install ???   

The file I downloaded is known good Ce9.4.2 and file name is s53300ce9.4.2 -----.cop

Chet Cronin
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes uploading from a browser logged into system failed which is why I thought about trying it with TMS but still no joy. 

We are going to try one more thing and if it doesn't work will submit the TAC for new codec. System is covered. 

Appreciate everyone's input ... 

Thank you. 

Chet Cronin

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Anurag Srivastava1
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

The first one seems to be a cabling issue only could be a loose cable.

For software installed failed, if you have downloaded the software from below link-

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286321872/type/280886992/release/CE9.6.2?i=!pp

And still giving you error then i will say to swap the software image and then try to upgrade.

I had this issue once and it helped.And if that also does not work please open a TAC case with logs to know the proper reason of upgrade failure.

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful....

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....

I have an update. What happened was the system had been delivered and the customer opened the box with the primary monitor and codec. Than they plugged in power to the codec and put it on the network and it wasn't completely installed. The system pulled and IP and was configured. Than the system was powered down and moved to the final location and completely installed and powered up. Question: Would that cause the problems we are seeing now as it is acting like a single monitor system and the camera has to be activated every time by resetting the HDMI cable at the camera ??? If that is the issue what do we need to fix it as we have performed factory reset at least twice that I know of. Thank you.
Chet Cronin

Also regarding the software upgrade to 9.6.2 ... I logged into the system and tried to run the recovery swap and there is no file in the other partition so it can't swap ??
Chet Cronin

Hello,

In this case i will suggest you to first try to put same software image (currently the codec has) and then see if it gets upgraded or not.

If not please perform a factory reset and try uploading the same image first and if you get success then try upgrading to desired version.

Thanks.

Please rate if it is helpful...

Thanks

Is there an issue with the G2 codecs for Room 70's ??   I tried upgrading the system running Ce9.4.0 with a new file downloaded successfully and it failed again ??? 

I just noticed something ....  The file name is cmterm-s53300ce9_4_0-62bc0aa4505.k3.cop.sgn ...  

So I tried uploading the file to the TMS.   

Got error " Illegal file extension.  Only files with the following extensions(s) are legal: .dmg, .exe, .gz, .pkg, .zip, .loads, .sgn"

The TMS I am running is 15.7.0.

Chet Cronin

Hi,

Its seems some software issue with codec, i will suggest to open a case with TAC with all troubleshooting you have done probably they will check logs in detail or will create RMA to replace this codec.

ON WebEx room series you can directly upload this cop.sgn file and it will work.

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful...

Thanks

@Chet Cronin wrote:

So I tried uploading the file to the TMS.   

Got error " Illegal file extension.  Only files with the following extensions(s) are legal: .dmg, .exe, .gz, .pkg, .zip, .loads, .sgn"

I have seen that issue before when uploading to TMS using IE or Edge - if you use Chrome then it should upload properly.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Well I tried Edge also and yes it didn't work. Than I went to firefox and chrome and the TMS will not even open on those browsers ... I don't know what the heck the CISCO developers do over at CISCO but is sure isn't QA interoperability on browsers .. Extremely frustrating. Chrome: This site can't be reached. Same with Firefox yet the TMS will open in IE and Edge but the files will not upload properly ... What a mess for the customer but I bet the developers in their ideal lab environment works fine. YEP VERY FRUSTRATED.

Charles,

It sounds like you have a self signed, possibly expired certificate with no SAN entries.  This is not an issue with Cisco or TMS.  Chrome & FF have done some major cracking down on certificates within the last few months and will not allow you to access sites that do not have valid certs with SAN entries.  Apparently, common name is no longer useful or valid.

Yes, IE and Edge still work with expired, self signed and non SAN enabled certs fine.

Thanks,
Justin Ferello

Firefox and Chrome not working is likely to be an issue with your network/firewalls/proxy servers/etc - and not an issue with TMS.  TMS works fine (apart from the two things that require Java, the Graphical Monitor and the Conference Control Centre) with those browsers.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

DANG I MISS TANDBERG

Based on the problems and the lack of success in attempts to upload the same or other versions I am going to submit a TAC with recommendation to replace the CODEC.   

Chet Cronin

In regards to your software upgrade problems - it looks like you're trying to upload the file to TMS and then upgrade from there, did you try doing the upgrade from the codec web GUI? I have three Dual 70 G2's and all are running CE9.6.2 without any problem - installed via the codec web interface and Chrome. 

Yes uploading from a browser logged into system failed which is why I thought about trying it with TMS but still no joy. 

We are going to try one more thing and if it doesn't work will submit the TAC for new codec. System is covered. 

Appreciate everyone's input ... 

Thank you. 

Chet Cronin
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: