cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco webex room 70 dual g2 serial port login

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

I have a Dual 70 G2 running Ce9.4.2 firmware. 

Where is the Serial Port Login Required  (On/OFF) setting ??? 

I remote into the system and select Config - Serial Port and has only two options:  Speed and Mode. 

If I turn Mode Off  and can't Serial into system ??  

No "Login Required" On/Off like older firmware had ?? 

Any ideas ... maybe command line option ?? 

What is interesting is my MX800 is also running the same firmware version and the "Login Required" does show up in the browser ... ??? 

Chet Cronin
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The Admin Guide shows that there is the ability to change the SerialPort Mode, but it also says that you need to restart the device for the changes to take effect.

Capture.PNG

I'd recommend that you also upgrade from that old CE version to a newer one which may help with your issue.  The current release as of the date of this post is CE9.8.0.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

JFerello
Level 1
Level 1

This is the correct behavior, for some reason; loginrequired is ALWAYS enabled for the Webex Room Kit Pro, which is the codec in the Room 70 G2.

See this bug: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvn71600/?rfs=iqvred

Thanks,
Justin Ferello

According to the API guide you can turn this off via the API. This is from the 9.6 API doc: 

xConfiguration SerialPort LoginRequired Applies to: DX70/DX80  SX10  SX20  SX80  MX200G2/MX300G2  MX700/MX800/MX800D  RoomKit  RoomKitMini  CodecPlus  Room55  Room70/Room55D 

Requires user role: ADMIN Define if login shall be required when connecting to the serial port.

USAGE: xConfiguration SerialPort LoginRequired: LoginRequired where LoginRequired: Off/On

Off: The user can access the codec via the serial port without any login.

On: Login is required when connecting to the codec via the serial port.

Default value: On

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The Admin Guide shows that there is the ability to change the SerialPort Mode, but it also says that you need to restart the device for the changes to take effect.

Capture.PNG

I'd recommend that you also upgrade from that old CE version to a newer one which may help with your issue.  The current release as of the date of this post is CE9.8.0.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Looks like it was added back in with CE9.8 but the bug has not been updated. Good catch Wayne.
Thanks,
Justin Ferello