Helpful
Replies

Cisco Webex Room/CUCM registered/video conference

most_ahdy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have Cisco Webex Room 70 Single G2 registered to CUCM version 12.5,

I purchased Webex Device On-Premises Subscription license for Cisco Webex Room 70 Single G2 to register to CUCM.

Now for video conference, I know that it must exist Video conference bridge like Meeting server (on-prem), or Webex (cloud)

So to benefit from video conference capability should I purshase another license for Webex registeration(cloud) if I dont have any on-prem video conference solution?

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

Eric Ingram
Level 4
Level 4

@most_ahdywhat is your expected call flow?  We have a few 70 G's and have the TelePresence Room license however we also have expressway C and E.  The solution design for on premise systems i:

Webex room endpoint--------CUCM------Expressway C-------(Expressway E inside DMZ)--------Internet

Here is a thread that might be helpful for cloud registered subscriptions since it does not require CUCM or Expressways:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/webex-room-device-subscription-overview/ta-p/3653160

@Eric Ingram I think my call flow will be your first option:

Webex room endpoint--------CUCM------Expressway C-------(Expressway E inside DMZ)--------Internet

I have also the TelePresence Room license

What I understand is that the Webex room will be registered to CUCM, but, what about If I need to join a video conference or initiate a video conference, which conference resources I'll use? does CUCM will connect to webex cloud through expressway to join a meeting or what?

I am very confused

Yes the calls would use Expressway C and Expressway E. Do you have Expressway's configured?  If not, you need to spend some time looking at this resource:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/unified-communications/expressway-series/products-installation-and-configuration-guides-list.html

Please rate if helpful.