cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Webex Room Kit - can it do both an audio and video call at the same time?

We have a customer finally migrating off the CTS1300 endpoints to the Room Kits (and MX700 too) and they are wanting to know if the newer endpoints support having a video call + audio call at the same time like they had on the CTS endpoints.

The Room Kits / MX units are registering to VCS Control and not CUCM so i'm not sure if that would have any impact.

I've done some googling and cant find an answer to this question.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Except for the SX10 :)

It would have been nice for the DX series to be able to do it too like the EX before them but alas... Can't imagine it's a technical/performance limitation...

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Simon Coventry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rob,

This will depend on how/what the WebEx Rommkit uses for call control.

You mention that you will be registering the device to a VCS-C (or at least using this as your call control device), if this has no way of placing an external call (trunk to CUCM/Voice Gateway?) then no, you will only be able to make calls that you permit.

If you can, register them to CUCM and use that as your call control mechanism.

HTH

MonCov

We will have the ability to route out to the PSTN via the VCS but my question is can I have both a Video call + an audio call connected at the same time and have the audio be heard to both sides.

Not sure if they need a multipoint key for this on the endpoints, but the old CTS supported this feature.

Trying to confirm if the newer endpoints still support it.

Simon Coventry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This will depend on how/what the WebEx Rommkit uses for call control.

You mention that you will be registering the device to a VCS-C (or at least using this as your call control device), if this has no way of placing an external call (trunk to CUCM/Voice Gateway?) then no, you will only be able to make calls that you permit.

If you can, register them to CUCM and use that as your call control mechanism.

HTH

MonCov

Hi Rob, just like the SX20 and SX80, the Webex Room Kit (at least the Kit in my lab running CE9.7) is able to place 1x video and 1x audio call at the same time without the multisite option.

My Webex Room Kit is registered to a VCS-C. If you try placing a 2nd video call, the system will force the call to audio only.

Hope this answers your question.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, as the Room Kit endpoints all run the same CE9 code as many of the other older devices (SX/MX/etc), they support the same features, so can, without an Multisite Option Key installed, make one video and an additional audio call.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Except for the SX10 :)

It would have been nice for the DX series to be able to do it too like the EX before them but alas... Can't imagine it's a technical/performance limitation...

The DX80 is essentially a SX10 in a different packaging - so the harware limitations of the two are very similar - they just don't have enough DPS or CPU resources to support multisite.  Not to mention the other hardware limitations of the DX80 due to the way it was deisgned (ie, you can't have a second display).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks for the information!

Will give it a try next time I get access to an endpoint ;)