Level 1

Hi everyone,

I installed an Webex Room kit plus combo with below equipment
1x Webex Codec Plus

1x Webex Quad Camera

1x P60 Camera

1x Touch 10

both of the Camera control LAN port are jointed to a un-managed switch

and the Codec VC network port and the Touch 10 are going to the client netowork.

Problem that i had is that, the first time i start up the system,

It shows camera control (navigation arrows) for both P60 & Quad camera (Turn off speaker track)
However, for couple of time later(have not time keeping), the navigation arrow for the Quad camera is gone,

and never come back until reboot the whole set-up or re-plug the Cam control LAN cable in Quad Camera.

i have done this re-connection several times.

Will someone figure out where the problem is? 1 codec with 2 camera suppose to be work.

For more information, i have set the Presenter track on the P60, which i dont think it related. 

Thank you very much

Alfred. 

10 Replies 10

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
What unmanaged switch are you using. I had difficulty with various third part devices, and found the Cisco SG110-5 to be the most stable. The Codec, and two camera control ports connected to port 1,2,3 and it has been very stable.
Also, is the touch 10 LAN controlled or direct into the codec? I dont think this is related, but just checking.
Are you able to check the web GUI for the peripheral status and see if it throws any camera control errors in the logs.

hi mike, 

im using a linksys LGS105 unmanged switch for CAM control connection

and i dont have the admin account right now, client offers us the roomcontrol & user right

so I cant find the error log for the camera. 

for the touch 10, it is plugged into one of the client network port and bridging the codec. 

Thank you 

Alfred. 

Sounds like a possible bug. Are you running the latest f/w? What happens with the quad if you toggle back and forth the speaker track?

Also: are you running presentertrack and/or is the system in a room type like ”classroom”-mode.

webex codec plus FW is ce9.7.1. 

if i toggle speaker track back and forth, the navigation key is here. 

i cannot simulate how it suddenly disappear, and the navigation key then never get back. 

until doing the power reset of the quad cam or reconnect the Cam control LAN from quadcam.

we have set a presentertrack in the P60 camera. and the room type is a divisible type consists of 2 rooms. 

If you are just not seeing the navigation controls when speaker track is on, this is expected behavior.  You cannot manually control when ST is enabled.  Instead of using the switch, please go to the settings, Camera > Speakertrack and change Mode to Off.  This will disable ST and allow manual camera controls at any time.

But my problem is, when i turn the speaker track OFF in the touch10.
the navigation keys sometime disappear and cannt get back until me power reboot / reconnect cam control from quad cam.

I assume that the time it takes to happen is not a standby cycle? Have you tried to deactivate the presentertrack on the P60? ( When the P60 is in presentertrack - it should not be manualy controled, maybe this some how spils over to the quad)

hi   tomas_vll

i have tried unselected the P60 presenter track on touch 10, not fully disable from the web config.

and the issue is still there.

i will have a look if thats happen.

Alfred

Although it may not help the problem (unless it's a bug), I recommend you upgrade the software on that unit. 9.7.1 is almost a year old, and it is also deferred - you shouldn't be running it. CE9.9.3 or 9.10 are the latest. 

i will suggest that, as this part handled by client UC team