cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clean TMS Install on New Server

jwestlund1
Level 1
Level 1

I have TMS 15.2.1 and I would like to build out a new virtual server and do a clean install of 15.7 with a new clean database.  I don't know how to go about getting new release keys and option keys.

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

Do you have an existing server?  If so, you should be able to provide the old release key along with the new server serial number to Cisco licensing and ask them to rehost it.

HTH,

Cliff

I do have the current key from when I did the 15.2.1 install.  Do I just call into support and give them the serial number once I have the new install up and running?

Just pulled the document.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/license_info/78-19878-01_Cisco_TMS_licenses_keys.pdf

Actually if it uses the same license, I believe you may be able to just reuse what you have. If 15.7 requires a new license, then you will have to get the upgrade PAK and go through licensing.

You can use the keys you have, option/license keys don't change from version to version and the release key only changes on major releases, so your release key will work for anything that's 15.x. 

You should be good to go. 

That applies to a clean install on a new server as well?

I believe so.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: