Views
Helpful
Replies

CLID Strip - Incoming Dial-peers

shaucall46
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am trying to understand an issue I am having with a H323 Gateway dial -peers.

What I want to achieve is block all caller ID to outgoing calls but receive incoming caller ID.

At the moment I am achieving the first one blocking outgoing (ISDN) caller ID but no incoming.

After various tracing and debugs I can see that the provider is sending the caller ID, it then hits a voip dial-peer which has the CLID strip command, hence why we do not see caller ID.

Unfortunately this is the same dial-peer that matches for our outbound calls.

Capture.JPG

Struggling to ge my head round this and any help appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

isalas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi shaucall46,

You can try creating a new dial-peer for your incoming calls, for example something like this:

Dial-peer voice 900 pots

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

port 2/0:15

***Note: There is a DOT in the command for called-number, this is to allow any incoming digits.

Just make sure that this new dial-peer has a lower number than 910, to make sure of this, you can temporarily delete dial-peer 910 create your new incoming dial-peer and then re-create 910 with a higher number.

The reason the router is using dial-peer 910 (this is without looking at the config and assuming no other dial-peer is a good match) Its because the router needs to use a dial-peer for all types of calls, incoming and outgoing, it will first look for a dial-peer with a "Called-number" command in it, then answer address, then by port and if no match it will use dial-peer 0 (hidden default dial-peer which is not recommended).

So by creating a new dial-peer for your incoming call the router should select it first and allow the incoming caller ID to be received.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

isalas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi shaucall46,

You can try creating a new dial-peer for your incoming calls, for example something like this:

Dial-peer voice 900 pots

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

port 2/0:15

***Note: There is a DOT in the command for called-number, this is to allow any incoming digits.

Just make sure that this new dial-peer has a lower number than 910, to make sure of this, you can temporarily delete dial-peer 910 create your new incoming dial-peer and then re-create 910 with a higher number.

The reason the router is using dial-peer 910 (this is without looking at the config and assuming no other dial-peer is a good match) Its because the router needs to use a dial-peer for all types of calls, incoming and outgoing, it will first look for a dial-peer with a "Called-number" command in it, then answer address, then by port and if no match it will use dial-peer 0 (hidden default dial-peer which is not recommended).

So by creating a new dial-peer for your incoming call the router should select it first and allow the incoming caller ID to be received.

Many thanks, issue now resolved.