cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Emulation

stevem447
Level 1
Level 1

I just got the CCNA Voice Exam Guide, I am half way through the book, I need to find a way of practicing command line syntax, I have packet tracer from Cisco, it has phones in the device bin however there is no CME installed on the router. Does anyone know if Cisco has an emulator for CME?

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco doesn't make emulators, other people does.

However a small router to test the real things is less than $200 and worth it.

Ok, does the router come with CME installed? Where do I get endpoint devices Firmware and Switches to connect them to?

CME is integral part of IOS.

Phones generally come with SCCP firmware.

To download any cisco software, you need to buy a support contract.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

Get yourself Dynamips/GNS3. Apart from PVDM, DSP farms, T1/E1, FXO, FXS, almost everything is possible.

You can use IP Communicator (IPC)instead of hardware phones. If you don't have IPC you can also use third patry SCCP phones.

A useful link to setup CME with Dynamips/GNS3: http://www.brainbump.net/2008/07/how-to-setup-call-manager-express-cme-router-using-gns3/

PS: Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

Thats one way doing it,but if you want to practice labs for your exam, I would recommend it atleat get one 1700 series router with FXS/FXO ports.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: