cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME SIP and SCCP

love2xlr8
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CME 7.0 and have Cisco IPphone registered using SCCP, however I need to add a 3rd party SIP device that requires SIP registration, If i configure the SIP registrar would it create any conflict of any kind ?

Tks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

zahidanwar1
Level 1
Level 1

In my view, it should not make any conflict because if we use SCCP for the internal network so we can deploy SIP Gateway which means you can also register with SIP registrar.

SCCP works on port 2000 whereas SIP is on 5060 so just make sure your configuration should be correct on SIP Gateway.

Use Registrar command in global config mode after SIP-UA command (see last paragraph of attachment from CVOICE book).

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

love2xlr8
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone ??? NO ?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/10563586/cme-third-party-sip-phones

For SIP CME configuration, you will find local phones can register to CME without the need of "authentication register" command.  The CME will authenticates the MAC address compare with the ARP request.

For remote phones that are NOT in the same subnet, SIP digest authentication is required.  You need username and password stored in the phone config file, and compare it against the voice register pool. 

Without "authentication register", when you do a "debug ccsip message", you will see 401 Unauthorized for the remote phones.

"authentication register" is a global settings and will affect all phones.

Sample configuration

voice service voip
allow-connections sip to sip
sip
bind control source-interface vlan102
bind media source-interface vlan102
!
voice register global
mode cme
source-address 1.1.1.1 port 5060
max-dn 20
max-pool 20
authenticate register
!
voice register dn  1
number 1001
!
voice register pool  1
id mac 0011.2233.4455
type 3905
number 1 dn 1
dtmf-relay sip-notify
username 1001 password cisco
codec g711ulaw

Hello,

I already have the config, i was looking for a more of a conflict running both on a CME 7.0.. I know CUCM runs it without any issues.

Thanks though..

Thanks NAGARAJAN, for your clarification

guys,  you can find here more details on step by steps how let registered SIP Phone

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-express/99946-cme-sip-guide.html

Best Regards

Mamdouh Sharaf

zahidanwar1
Level 1
Level 1

In my view, it should not make any conflict because if we use SCCP for the internal network so we can deploy SIP Gateway which means you can also register with SIP registrar.

SCCP works on port 2000 whereas SIP is on 5060 so just make sure your configuration should be correct on SIP Gateway.

Use Registrar command in global config mode after SIP-UA command (see last paragraph of attachment from CVOICE book).

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: